Senior Software Analyst
RONA INC. - Corporate - Boucherville QC - 00002 - Boucherville
Flex (2 days)
At Rona Inc., over 26,000 employees let their passion blossom every day. Our teams are driven by the desire to help people bring their projects to life and are committed to making a difference in the communities we serve.
We operate or service some 450 corporate and affiliated dealer stores. With a distinctive product and service offering and complementary store formats ranging from neighbourhood hardware stores to big box stores, our Lowe’s, RONA, Reno-Depot, and Dick’s Lumber banners are always looking for dedicated employees to help meet the needs of all DIYers and contractors.
You’ve got the talent? We’ve got the tools! Here, your work and ideas will contribute to building a flourishing organization. Your voice will always be heard and valued. You’ll find career opportunities that live up to your ambitions and be able to further develop your unique set of skills. All that in a work environment that offers a lot of flexibility because the well-being of our teams is an everyday priority.
So if you’re looking to do what you love, and to grow and evolve within our family—one of the best employers in Canada according to a recent Forbes survey—we could be perfect for each other.
Our head office being located in Boucherville, on the South Shore of Montreal, we know that some of our employees are concerned by the roadwork being carried out in the Louis-Hippolyte-La Fontaine tunnel. That’s why we stood up an in-house advisory committee and implemented new work policies that provide our teams with even more flexibility, no matter where they live. Whether it’s working from home or having flexible hours – when a role requires employees to be physically present at the office –, we are constantly revaluating our practices to provide the best possible work environment to our employees.
Reporting to the Supply Chain IT Manager, the Senior Software Analyst is primarily responsible for designing cross-functional solutions for very complex requirements while ensuring that Rona Inc. applications work in alignment. This includes leading the development, configuration, or modification of new solutions for the business. Additionally, the incumbent will provide guidance to help ensure new and existing software solutions are developed with insight into industry best practices, strategies, and architectures.
The Senior Software Analyst has a deep knowledge and understanding of software and uses that knowledge to support the senior leadership of the technology. This includes partnering with enterprise architects to discuss long-term technology strategy and provide objective information and data to help inform and make critical technology decisions.
- Provide advice on business requirements and functional specifications in program designs, modules, stable application systems and software solutions; ease the transition to high-level design
- Contribute to and operate technical guidance for the development, configuration, or modification of enterprise and/or enterprise application solutions integrated into various IT environments by providing information and advice for design and coding component-based applications
- Serve as a technical expert for project teams throughout the implementation and maintenance of enterprise solutions, leveraging partnerships with technology teams and users to resolve growing issues
- Provide expertise in investigating issues during Complex System Integration Testing (SIT) and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for cross-functional application initiatives
- Provide guidance to ensure new and existing software solutions are developed throughout the product lifecycle with insight into industry best practices, strategies, and architectures
- Have detailed knowledge of software architecture; make technical trade-offs between short-term team needs and long-term business needs; determine how to apply and/or reuse technologies in different areas of the business
- Set the standard for design, testing and operational excellence; encourage best practices across the organizations; build proofs of concepts (POC) and proofs of technology (POT)
- Solve very complex or recurring problems; ensure the architectures are exemplary in terms of robustness, stability, scalability, and profitability
- Coach and advise others, sharing a deep understanding of company and industry methodologies, policies, standards, and controls
- Examine the development or modification of very complex enterprise software solutions
- Develop and validate highly complex software design prototypes, ensuring software designs meet corporate architecture standards
- Provide insight into best practices for providing validation and successful testing of highly complex software solutions; advise on the best approach for unique and difficult test scenarios
- Provide expert recommendations and commentary on options, risks, costs, and benefits for software solution designs and identify specific interfaces and methods required to support software solutions
- Provide input to departmental budget forecasts and allocation decisions
The qualifications we are looking for
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology or similar field
- 7 to 10 years of experience in back-end software development and integration
- Extensive experience building microservice-based applications using Java & Spring Boot
- Experience building containerized applications in a Kubertenes/Docker environment
- Good understanding of RESTful principles and best practices for API design with microservices
- Good understanding of JSON, YAML, and XML
- Experience working with both relational and non-relational (“NoSQL”) databases such as MongoDB
- Good Understanding of event-driven architecture and integration patterns
- Experience with messaging and/or streaming platforms such as Kafka
- Experience working with the ELK technology stack (Elastic, Logstash, Kibana)
- Knowledge of standard development tools (Git, BitBucket, Maven)
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and DevOps
- Knowledge of Grafana would be an asset
- Good knowledge of Agile/Scrum principles
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence
- Demonstrated ability to lead a software development team in the past
- Ability to work within tight timeline during peak periods
- Supply chain or related business (i.e. retail) experience an asset
Your benefits of working for Rona Inc. :
By joining the Rona Inc. family, you’ll enjoy many benefits, such as:
- A highly flexible hybrid workplace
- A fitness centre, sports activities, and showers
- A childcare centre that can accommodate up to 78 children
- A cafeteria with a delicious menu prepared by a dedicated chef, healthy options, as well as FARO Roasting Houses and Tim Hortons coffee stations
- Exclusive employee discounts, plus a 10% discount on store merchandise (at all Rona Inc. locations)
- Benefits: retirement savings plan, annual bonuses, stock purchase plan, student incentive program, etc.
- Electric car charging stations
- Career growth opportunities within the company
- An inclusive and safe working environment
- Promotion of work-life balance
- An employer that’s involved in the community
- And much more!
The masculine generic is used without discrimination and only in order to simplify the text. Rona Inc. is committed to encouraging diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, nationality, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.