Sales Specialist, Seasonal And Garden Center (Temporary PT)
RONA - 61720 - Surrey
Temporary | Contractor
By joining the RONA family, you’ll enjoy many benefits, such as:
- An inclusive and safe working environment
- Promotion of work-life balance
- Exclusive employee discounts
- Benefits: insurance (certain conditions apply), annual salary review, etc.
- Opportunities for advancement within the company
- An employer that’s involved in the community
- Teamwork and ongoing training
- A comprehensive training program for all new hires
- A student incentive program
- And much more!
At RONA, over 26,000 employees let their passion blossom every day. Our teams are driven by the desire to help people bring their projects to life and are committed to making a difference in the communities we serve.
We operate or service some 450 corporate and affiliated dealer stores. With a distinctive product and service offering and complementary store formats ranging from neighbourhood hardware stores to big box stores, our RONA, Lowe’s, Reno-Depot, and Dick’s Lumber banners are always looking for dedicated employees to help meet the needs of all DIYers and contractors.
You’ve got the talent? We’ve got the tools! Here, your work and ideas will contribute to building a flourishing organization. Your voice will always be heard and valued. You’ll find career opportunities that live up to your ambitions and be able to further develop your unique set of skills.
So if you’re looking to do what you love, we could be perfect for each other.
The primary function of the Specialist, Inside Lawn and Garden is to possess an in-depth knowledge of products and related accessories in the selling of patio, outdoor power equipment, seasonal heating/cooling, grills, furniture, and other related products. You greet and acknowledge all customers in a friendly, professional manner and provide quick, responsive customer service. This position reports to an Assistant Store Manager and takes daily direction from a Department Supervisor. This position does not have direct reports.
- Provide superior customer service by assisting customers in selection, demonstration, and purchase of products including special orders and installations
- Maximize departmental sales by encouraging the sales of related items and add-ons as applicable to customer needs
- Keep shelves fully stocked, fronted according to planogram, and correctly priced
- Complete all other duties as assigned
The qualifications we are looking for:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least 1 year of experience entering and submitting customer sales orders, including special orders
- At least 2 years of experience identifying and selling products based on customer needs or plans
- At least 2 years of experience in providing customer service including identifying and resolving customer complaints, greeting customers, answering phones, building relationships with customers, and thanking customers for their business
- At least 2 years of experience following up on outstanding or incomplete customer orders, sales, or installs
- At least 1 year of experience promoting product-related services and plans such as installation, delivery, credit financing, or extended protection plans
The masculine generic is used without discrimination and only in order to simplify the text. Rona Inc. is committed to encouraging diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, nationality, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.