Pricing Manager - Competitor Intelligence
RONA INC. - Corporate - Boucherville QC - 00002 - Boucherville
Office (3 days)
At Rona Inc., over 26,000 employees let their passion blossom every day. Our teams are driven by the desire to help people bring their projects to life and are committed to making a difference in the communities we serve.
We operate or service some 450 corporate and affiliated dealer stores. With a distinctive product and service offering and complementary store formats ranging from neighbourhood hardware stores to big box stores, our Lowe’s, RONA, Reno-Depot, and Dick’s Lumber banners are always looking for dedicated employees to help meet the needs of all DIYers and contractors.
You’ve got the talent? We’ve got the tools! Here, your work and ideas will contribute to building a flourishing organization. Your voice will always be heard and valued. You’ll find career opportunities that live up to your ambitions and be able to further develop your unique set of skills. All that in a work environment that offers a lot of flexibility because the well-being of our teams is an everyday priority.
So if you’re looking to do what you love, and to grow and evolve within our family—one of the best employers in Canada according to a recent Forbes survey—we could be perfect for each other.
Our head office being located in Boucherville, on the South Shore of Montreal, we know that some of our employees are concerned by the roadwork being carried out in the Louis-Hippolyte-La Fontaine tunnel. That’s why we stood up an in-house advisory committee and implemented new work policies that provide our teams with even more flexibility, no matter where they live. Whether it’s working from home or having flexible hours – when a role requires employees to be physically present at the office –, we are constantly revaluating our practices to provide the best possible work environment to our employees.
The Rona Inc. Pricing team is responsible for driving positive price perception in the mind of the customer by delivering intuitive, accurate, and competitive pricing while creating value for the organization.
We are seeking a dynamic and passionate Pricing Manager to lead the Competitive Intelligence pricing pillar. This role is responsible for managing the collection of all competitor pricing data, ensuring the highest levels of data integrity, as well as developing and distributing pricing analytics, tools and reporting to be used throughout the organization.
- Collect all competitor pricing data; manage the relationship with a third-party suppliers
- Identify and implement improvements to the data collection process; own the ongoing update process
- Implement safeguards to ensure the highest quality of data used in pricing decision-making
- Maintain all information used in the pricing process
- Optimize the pricing data architecture
- Develop and maintain pricing analytics to facilitate a deeper understanding of Rona Inc. pricing position
- Own a pricing tool that identifies off-strategy items and their estimated financial impact
- Assume the responsible for the Pricing Reporting that communicates Rona Inc. pricing position
The qualifications we are looking for
- Bachelor's/Master's in Science, Business, Finance, Technology, Analytics, or related quantitative fields
- At least 5 years of analytics experience
- At least 2 years of experience in pricing and retail
- At least 2 years of experience in leading a team
- Demonstrated ability to analyze financial information; strong problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple competing priorities
- Exceptional analytical and critical thinking skills, highly detail and action-oriented, and timely decision-making
- Understanding and interpreting of complex themes and issues
- Experience working with analytical tools like SAS/R/Python, SQL, Alteryx
- Experience with business intelligence and visualization tools (MicroStrategy, Power BI), and advanced knowledge of Excel (Power Pivots, Power Query, VBA) and MS Access
Your benefits of working for Rona Inc. :
By joining the Rona Inc. family, you’ll enjoy many benefits, such as:
- A highly flexible hybrid workplace
- A fitness centre, sports activities, and showers
- A childcare centre that can accommodate up to 78 children
- A cafeteria with a delicious menu prepared by a dedicated chef, healthy options, as well as FARO Roasting Houses and Tim Hortons coffee stations
- Exclusive employee discounts, plus a 10% discount on store merchandise (at all Rona Inc. locations)
- Benefits: retirement savings plan, annual bonuses, student incentive program, etc.
- Electric car charging stations
- Career growth opportunities within the company
- An inclusive and safe working environment
- Promotion of work-life balance
- An employer that’s involved in the community
- And much more!
The masculine generic is used without discrimination and only in order to simplify the text. Rona Inc. is committed to encouraging diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, nationality, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.