Merchandising Service Associate
LOWE'S - 3704 - Vancouver
At Lowe’s Canada, over 26,000 employees let their passion blossom every day. Our teams are driven by the desire to help people bring their projects to life and are committed to making a difference in the communities we serve.
We operate or service some 450 corporate and affiliated dealer stores. With a distinctive product and service offering and complementary store formats ranging from neighbourhood hardware stores to big box stores, our Lowe’s, RONA, Reno-Depot, and Dick’s Lumber banners are always looking for dedicated employees to help meet the needs of all DIYers and contractors.
You’ve got the talent? We’ve got the tools! Here, your work and ideas will contribute to building a flourishing organization. Your voice will always be heard and valued. You’ll find career opportunities that live up to your ambitions and be able to further develop your unique set of skills.
So if you’re looking to do what you love, and to grow and evolve within our family—one of the best employers in Canada according to a recent Forbes survey—we could be perfect for each other.
Our expectations :
The Merchandising Service Associate (MSA) is primarily responsible for completing all assigned merchandising reset and service-related projects accurately, on time, and in accordance with merchandising and safety standards.
Your role :
- Product display maintenance and stock availability
- Communicates with Merchandising Service team regarding project priorities, scheduling, and project needs (e.g., materials, supplies, time)
- Reviews and completes all assigned WIRE merchandise reset and service tasks
- Ensures reset merchandise, including top stock, is stocked, fronted, fully packed down, and priced in assigned area according to planogram; takes necessary photos of product displays and bay sets as directed
- Provides project information, updates, and feedback on project execution to Merchandising Service
- Manager; performs pre- and post-walks
- As part of reset duties, identifies damaged products, removes them from the shelves, delivers them to
- Return to Manufacturer (RTM) area, and signs off on the products as defective
- Assists in verification of buyback items and ensures they are pulled, prepped, and ready for shipping
- During bay maintenance, installs, maintains, and reorders any damaged signage and product brochures; ensures POP reorder stickers are current, clean, intact, and properly displayed; looks for name, contact #, UPC #, reorder #, and description
- During bay maintenance, cleans, dusts, replaces damaged beams and/or grids, corrects incorrect planogram steel elevations, rotates, and down-stocks items for easier customer access, and ensures displays are in safe, clean, and working order at all times
- During bay maintenance, repair/seal damaged packaging and boxes including peg-hook items
- Operate power equipment, including but not limited to lifts, order pickers, and similar equipment as needed
- Provides feedback and analysis on service execution to store, market, and corporate leaders.
- Identifies and helps to resolve store-level issues.
The qualifications we are looking for :
- Ability to read, write, and perform basic arithmetic (addition, subtraction)
- Ability to utilize web-based computer programs to accomplish assigned tasks
- Six (6) months of experience performing product merchandising tasks including reading planograms, setting up and tearing down displays (preferred)
- Experience operating power equipment such as lifts, order pickers, and similar equipment (in asset)
- Working knowledge of basic tools needed for the job, such as hand tools, drills, and saws (preferred)
- Task and results oriented, ability to work in a repetitive work environment
- Ability to prioritize tasks to be done
- Ability to react to unexpected outcomes in a timely manner
- Be open to feedback Working hours and working conditions
- Full-time: standard schedule from 6am to 3pm, Monday to Friday (may vary depending on the complexity of the project)
- Ability to work standing, bending, sitting and / or walking continuously and completing a full day's work, including scheduled breaks
- Ability to do the following movements: bending, kneeling, reaching, twisting, lifting, pushing, pulling, climbing (ladders, stairs), balancing and / or crouching daily to perform their duties
- Handle and move objects (products, equipment, etc.) that can weigh up to 50lbs
- Move heavy objects using the appropriate equipment
Your benefits of working for Lowe’s Canada:
By joining the Lowe’s Canada family, you’ll enjoy many benefits, such as:
- A Monday to Friday day shift from 6AM to 3PM
- An inclusive and safe working environment
- Promotion of work-life balance
- Exclusive employee discounts
- Benefits: insurance (certain conditions apply), annual salary review, etc.
- Opportunities for advancement within the company
- An employer that’s involved in the community
- Teamwork and ongoing training
- A comprehensive training program for all new hires
- A company discount on store merchandise
- A student incentive program
- And much more!
The masculine generic is used without discrimination and only in order to simplify the text. Lowe’s Canada is committed to encouraging diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, nationality, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.