E-Learning, Training Advisor
RONA INC. - Corporate - Boucherville QC - 00002 - Boucherville
At Rona Inc., over 26,000 employees let their passion blossom every day. Our teams are driven by the desire to help people bring their projects to life and are committed to making a difference in the communities we serve.
We operate or service some 450 corporate and affiliated dealer stores. With a distinctive product and service offering and complementary store formats ranging from neighbourhood hardware stores to big box stores, our Lowe’s, RONA, Reno-Depot, and Dick’s Lumber banners are always looking for dedicated employees to help meet the needs of all DIYers and contractors.
You’ve got the talent? We’ve got the tools! Here, your work and ideas will contribute to building a flourishing organization. Your voice will always be heard and valued. You’ll find career opportunities that live up to your ambitions and be able to further develop your unique set of skills. All that in a work environment that offers a lot of flexibility because the well-being of our teams is an everyday priority.
So if you’re looking to do what you love, and to grow and evolve within our family—one of the best employers in Canada according to a recent Forbes survey—we could be perfect for each other.
Our head office being located in Boucherville, on the South Shore of Montreal, we know that some of our employees are concerned by the roadwork being carried out in the Louis-Hippolyte-La Fontaine tunnel. That’s why we stood up an in-house advisory committee and implemented new work policies that provide our teams with even more flexibility, no matter where they live. Whether it’s working from home or having flexible hours – when a role requires employees to be physically present at the office –, we are constantly revaluating our practices to provide the best possible work environment to our employees.
Reporting to the L&D Manager, and in collaboration with our various SMEs, the E-learning Training Advisor will oversee designing and developing learning solutions allowing the onboarding, development, maintenance or improvement of the skills and behaviours required to allow Rona Inc. employees to perform work effectively in a safe environment.
- Create/curate/develop appropriate resources considering performance objectives, audience, environment, and resources, adult learning principles, core values, expected behaviours.
- Design: A360 buildouts, graphic design, storyboarding, translation, content development, English voiceover, video/audio editing and integration, publishing, SCORM integration
- Harmonize, maintain, or update existing training materials.
- Facilitate formal and informal training sessions and learning experiences.
- Point of contact in terms of software license tracking, installation requirements, updates to Enterprise guidelines, shared resources/access points.
- Facilitate access to Rona Inc. production or tech/resources.
- Manage LMS intake process; upload / download / locate source content.
- Guardian of specs for learning solutions; manage multimedia resources: logos, colors, templates, fonts, images, graphic resources > shared with US.
- Onboard/train new L&D advisors: TCS production processes, Articulate 360, Lowe’s branding/style guidelines.
- Manage content design vendors: contract, SOW process; maintain vendor standards packages and proceed UAT testing and integration.
- Coaching/mentoring/resident expert: software, technology, audio/visual
- Troubleshooting/problem solving during any stage of process for technical issues; Resolve any issues that have to do with LMS content.
- Identify trends, best practices and latest technologies and continuously seek and support new approaches, practices, and processes to improve the efficiency of learning design.
The qualifications we are looking for
- University studies in a field related to training: techno-pedagogy, instructional design, design of learning solutions (or an equivalent combination of studies, training, and experience)
- At least 5 years of experience in an advisory role related to the design of large-scale training programs for various groups of learners.
- Ability to apply adult learning principles to design or modify training programs for all areas of a retail business, as well as assessment measures.
- Strong skills in managing relationships, providing advisory services and fostering collaborative work (including with partners based in other countries).
- Ability to set priorities to manage multiple tasks at once and produce results in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment.
- Motivation and results-oriented approach.
- Abilities for creative and proactive thinking, analysis, and reasoning.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 suite software, Articulate360, After Effect.
- Proficiency with LMS such as SuccessFactors, Axonify software an asset and Workday Learning and Talent Suite an asset.
- Knowledge of Adobe Premiere design tools and photo shopping an asset
Your benefits of working for Rona Inc. :
By joining the Rona Inc. family, you’ll enjoy many benefits, such as:
- A highly flexible hybrid workplace
- A fitness centre, sports activities, and showers
- A childcare centre that can accommodate up to 78 children
- A cafeteria with a delicious menu prepared by a dedicated chef, healthy options, as well as FARO Roasting Houses and Tim Hortons coffee stations
- Exclusive employee discounts, plus a 10% discount on store merchandise (at all Rona Inc. locations)
- Benefits: retirement savings plan, annual bonuses, student incentive program, etc.
- Flexible hours and remote working
- Electric car charging stations
- Career growth opportunities within the company
- An inclusive and safe working environment
- Promotion of work-life balance
- An employer that’s involved in the community
- And much more!
The masculine generic is used without discrimination and only in order to simplify the text. Rona Inc. is committed to encouraging diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, nationality, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.