Customer Service Associate, Inside Lawn and Garden (Seasonal Contract)
LOWE'S - 82934 - Barrie
By joining the RONA family, you’ll enjoy many benefits, such as:
- An inclusive and safe working environment
- Promotion of work-life balance
- Exclusive employee discounts
- Benefits: insurance (certain conditions apply), annual salary review, etc.
- Opportunities for advancement within the company
- An employer that’s involved in the community
- Teamwork and ongoing training
- A comprehensive training program for all new hires
- A student incentive program
- And much more!
At RONA, over 26,000 employees let their passion blossom every day. Our teams are driven by the desire to help people bring their projects to life and are committed to making a difference in the communities we serve.
We operate or service some 450 corporate and affiliated dealer stores. With a distinctive product and service offering and complementary store formats ranging from neighbourhood hardware stores to big box stores, our RONA, Lowe’s, Reno-Depot, and Dick’s Lumber banners are always looking for dedicated employees to help meet the needs of all DIYers and contractors.
You’ve got the talent? We’ve got the tools! Here, your work and ideas will contribute to building a flourishing organization. Your voice will always be heard and valued. You’ll find career opportunities that live up to your ambitions and be able to further develop your unique set of skills.
So if you’re looking to do what you love, we could be perfect for each other.
The primary function of the Customer Service Associate (CSA) is to assist customers with all of their shopping needs. The CSA is required to respond to customer inquiries and support them throughout their shopping experience including promoting customer loyalty plans and/or extended protection/replacement plans where appropriate. Duties also include processing customer sales and returns by operating a cash register, handling internet and pickup orders, looking up merchandise information for price matches, and assisting other team members as needed. This position reports to an Assistant Store Manager and takes daily direction from a Department Manager. This position does not have direct reports.
- Address customer complaints over the phone and in person
- Maintain a safe and secure work environment by conducting daily safety reviews, noting hazards, keeping store areas clean and organized, and monitoring for potential theft or security risks
- Complete all other duties as assigned
The qualifications we are looking for:
- At least 6 months of experience using a computer, including inputting, accessing, modifying, or outputting information
- At least 6 months of experience using a handheld device (e.g., mobile phone, LRT gun, palm pilot, tablet, iPod) to enter, access, and output information
- Degree or diploma in Business, Retail, or Management, specialty related to department (e.g., design, appliances), or in a related field
- At least 6 months of experience identifying and selling products based on customer needs, including credit cards, installations, add-on sales, and explaining warranties, product features, and benefits
- At least 6 months of retail experience
- At least 6 months of experience as a cashier
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds without assistance; may lift up to 30 pounds with or without assistance
The masculine generic is used without discrimination and only in order to simplify the text. Rona Inc. is committed to encouraging diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, nationality, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.