RONA INC. - Corporate - Boucherville QC - 00002 - Boucherville
Office (3 days)
At Rona Inc., over 26,000 employees let their passion blossom every day. Our teams are driven by the desire to help people bring their projects to life and are committed to making a difference in the communities we serve.
We operate or service some 450 corporate and affiliated dealer stores. With a distinctive product and service offering and complementary store formats ranging from neighbourhood hardware stores to big box stores, our Lowe’s, RONA, Reno-Depot, and Dick’s Lumber banners are always looking for dedicated employees to help meet the needs of all DIYers and contractors.
You’ve got the talent? We’ve got the tools! Here, your work and ideas will contribute to building a flourishing organization. Your voice will always be heard and valued. You’ll find career opportunities that live up to your ambitions and be able to further develop your unique set of skills. All that in a work environment that offers a lot of flexibility because the well-being of our teams is an everyday priority.
So if you’re looking to do what you love, and to grow and evolve within our family—one of the best employers in Canada according to a recent Forbes survey—we could be perfect for each other.
Our head office being located in Boucherville, on the South Shore of Montreal, we know that some of our employees are concerned by the roadwork being carried out in the Louis-Hippolyte-La Fontaine tunnel. That’s why we stood up an in-house advisory committee and implemented new work policies that provide our teams with even more flexibility, no matter where they live. Whether it’s working from home or having flexible hours – when a role requires employees to be physically present at the office –, we are constantly revaluating our practices to provide the best possible work environment to our employees.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Administrator/Developer will be responsible for improving the strategic decision-making of managers by allowing them to more effectively exploit various data sources to obtain a better understanding of their organization and their competitive environment.
- Translate business needs into easily understandable reports and visualizations.
- Design and maintain Power Query transformation paths, and constantly improve those already created.
- Create and maintain fully automated Power BI models by establishing relationships and creating high-performance DAX expressions.
- Apply row-level security to models that seek massive but segmented deployment based on changing organizational hierarchies.
- Deploy reports and applications through the Power BI service, managing security and access requirements with Azure Active Directory groups.
- Produce and maintain technical documentation for colleagues, as well as procedures for end users.
- Make presentations to convey financial and technical information to a diverse audience, ranging from people in store to members of senior management.
- Provide support to all users of the Finance Power BI platform (approximately 2300 users to date).
- Be willing to resolve issues related to the Finance Power BI platform, as they arise, in collaboration with the Power BI IT team.
The qualifications we are looking for
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a Power BI developer or data analyst position.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Business Intelligence, Data Science, or equivalent.
- Solid experience in data modeling on Power BI and DAX, M and SQL Server languages.
- Ability to create reports with large data sets as well as visualization tables for Business Intelligence needs.
- Good understanding of Windows programming techniques and structures.
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences, both orally and in writing.
- Proactivity, autonomy, minimal supervision required.
- Analytical, innovative, and creative mind. Ability to promote own ideas.
- Ability to meet deadlines and multi-task. Ability to manage competing priorities in a complex environment.
Your benefits of working for Rona Inc. :
By joining the Rona Inc. family, you’ll enjoy many benefits, such as:
- A highly flexible hybrid workplace
- A fitness centre, sports activities, and showers
- A childcare centre that can accommodate up to 78 children
- A cafeteria with a delicious menu prepared by a dedicated chef, healthy options, as well as FARO Roasting Houses and Tim Hortons coffee stations
- Exclusive employee discounts, plus a 10% discount on store merchandise (at all Rona Inc. locations)
- Benefits: retirement savings plan, annual bonuses, stock purchase plan, student incentive program, etc.
- Electric car charging stations
- Career growth opportunities within the company
- An inclusive and safe working environment
- Promotion of work-life balance
- An employer that’s involved in the community
- And much more!
The masculine generic is used without discrimination and only in order to simplify the text. Rona Inc. is committed to encouraging diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, nationality, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.