Advisor, Internal Communications
RONA INC. - Corporate - Boucherville QC - 00002 - Boucherville
Temporary | Contractor
Office (3 days)
At Rona Inc., over 26,000 employees let their passion blossom every day. Our teams are driven by the desire to help people bring their projects to life and are committed to making a difference in the communities we serve.
We operate or service some 450 corporate and affiliated dealer stores. With a distinctive product and service offering and complementary store formats ranging from neighbourhood hardware stores to big box stores, our Lowe’s, RONA, Reno-Depot, and Dick’s Lumber banners are always looking for dedicated employees to help meet the needs of all DIYers and contractors.
You’ve got the talent? We’ve got the tools! Here, your work and ideas will contribute to building a flourishing organization. Your voice will always be heard and valued. You’ll find career opportunities that live up to your ambitions and be able to further develop your unique set of skills. All that in a work environment that offers a lot of flexibility because the well-being of our teams is an everyday priority.
So if you’re looking to do what you love, and to grow and evolve within our family—one of the best employers in Canada according to a recent Forbes survey—we could be perfect for each other.
Our head office being located in Boucherville, on the South Shore of Montreal, we know that some of our employees are concerned by the roadwork being carried out in the Louis-Hippolyte-La Fontaine tunnel. That’s why we stood up an in-house advisory committee and implemented new work policies that provide our teams with even more flexibility, no matter where they live. Whether it’s working from home or having flexible hours – when a role requires employees to be physically present at the office –, we are constantly revaluating our practices to provide the best possible work environment to our employees.
Reporting to the Director, Internal Communications, the Advisor, Internal Communications participates in the planning, development, and execution of internal communication strategies to support RONA’s business objectives while maximizing employee engagement.
The incumbent will work closely with the Senior Leadership Team, as well as with many support teams (Human Resources, IT, Store Operations, Merchandising).
We are looking for a strategic, creative, innovative, and organized person who does not hesitate to dive into projects of all sizes. Telecommuting gives our Internal Communications team the unique opportunity to rethink traditional approaches and enhance the employee experience!
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of business priorities, ongoing projects, and new initiatives within the organization
- Support internal customers with the development and execution of effective communication strategies for their projects
- Create engaging and effective content to implement communication plans
- Be on the lookout for opportunities to improve existing communication tools or develop new ones
- Contribute to the organization of internal events
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills by working with various teams
- Preparation of our weekly newsletter (production coordination and writing)
- Content creation for our various communication tools (including video) and events
- Support to internal teams, including Human Resources, Sustainable Development and Community Engagement, in the production of their content (signage, newsletter, SharePoint)
- Organization of various large-scale events throughout the year
The qualifications we are looking for
- University degree in Communications, Marketing, or a related discipline
- At least 3-5 years of experience, preferably in internal communications
- Exceptional writing and editing skills in both languages
- Ability to work with an organization’s Senior Leadership Team
- Strong business ethics (strict observance of confidentiality) and good judgment
- Clear and logical thinking; ability to dissect key messages and simplify information for target internal audiences
- Analytical, reasoning, and strategic planning skills; ability to make logical connections between the various projects of an organization
- Excellent project management skills (meet deadlines, analyze priorities, pay close attention to follow-ups)
- Strong listening, collaboration, and teamwork skills
- Strong interest in innovation; willingness and ability to develop new communication tools
- Experience in intranet content management (an asset)
Your benefits of working for Rona Inc. :
By joining the Rona Inc. family, you’ll enjoy many benefits, such as:
- A highly flexible hybrid workplace
- A fitness centre, sports activities, and showers
- A childcare centre that can accommodate up to 78 children
- A cafeteria with a delicious menu prepared by a dedicated chef, healthy options, as well as FARO Roasting Houses and Tim Hortons coffee stations
- Exclusive employee discounts, plus a 10% discount on store merchandise (at all Rona Inc. locations)
- Benefits: retirement savings plan, annual bonuses, student incentive program, etc.
- Electric car charging stations
- Career growth opportunities within the company
- An inclusive and safe working environment
- Promotion of work-life balance
- An employer that’s involved in the community
- And much more!
The masculine generic is used without discrimination and only in order to simplify the text. Rona Inc. is committed to encouraging diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, nationality, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.